CALL FOR TESTERS: geom_vol_cd9660 class

Andreas Kohn andreas.kohn at gmx.net
Tue Jul 26 19:50:40 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 21:31 +0200, Dario Freni wrote:
> Hi everybody. I worked on a geom_vol_cd9660 class that acts like the
> geom_vol_ffs one, with cd9660 image. Although the actual code doesn't
> cover every possible type of images, this works fine for me.
>
> Can anybody test it and report here the results? Inserting an ISO9660 CD
>   or attaching and md vnode pointing to an ISO image should create a
> /dev/vol/${LABEL} device, which can be used to mount it instead of
> /dev/acd0 or whatever.
>
> Hints and corrections are greatly appreciated, as this is my first
> attempt with a geom class (and also with devices issues)
>
> Bye and thanks in advance,
> Dario

Hi,

interesting...I used last weekend to write the same, but then found the
geom_label classes which do support iso9660. The geom_label class for
iso9660 does not use the isofs/cd9660/iso.h header file, but other than
that it works perfectly( \ ata does not (re-)create geoms if the cd is
changed...but that shouldn't be a problem for freesbie :D)

The high-sierra part could be added to geom_label.

But, the really important question is: why is there geom_vol_ffs and
geom_label? Apparently I wasn't the only one who did not see
geom_label :)

Best regards,
--
Andreas

--
<TalisA> was macht man eigentlich auf einer linux-gamer lan ? hl server
aufsetzen und freuen ? *duck* ^^