libcipher replacement

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Sat Jul 23 03:52:15 GMT 2005

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 20:32 -0700, Steve Kargl wrote:
>

>>On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 05:04:34PM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
>>

>>>I have snet this mail 3 times and each time it never appeared on the list
>>>(that I saw.. I think it got eaten by a spam filtrer somewhere..)
>>>
>>>trying again.
>>>
>>>Since setkey(3) has now gone away so thoroughly that there is not even
>>>a manual page saying how to replace it,
>>>I need to port some code that uses it..
>>>
>>>What is the suggested replacement?
>>>
>>>Of course it is still on linux.. apparently in libcrypt.
>>>but that doesn't help me keep this code on BSD..
>>>

>>I've seen each of your previous post.  Perhaps, you need
>>to adjust your local mail filtering.

yeah sorry about this.. may mail was apparently going into a black hole
so I resent.
then it all suddenly came out to haunt me..

>Likewise.
>
>As to answers, I strongly suspect the openssl in base is the approved
>replacement.

so does openssl have setkey(3)?

When the setkey() man page was removed it would have been nice to
replace it with
one explaining how to  replace it with whatever is in ssl that does the
same thing.