wlan_acl

Sam Leffler sam at errno.com
Wed Jul 20 05:22:28 GMT 2005

Sam Leffler wrote:
> Patrick Tracanelli wrote:
>

>> How can I test wlan_acl(4)? I just read about it but could not find
>> where to set 0, 1 or 2 to the acl policy or where to add MAC addresses
>> to...
>>
> If it's not in man ifconfig then we need to fix the man page.

I just checked man and it's missing the info.  You should UTSL but a
quick glance indicates the commands are:

ifconfig ath0 mac:open
ifconfig ath0 mac:allow
ifconfig ath0 mac:deny
ifconfig ath0 mac:flush
ifconfig ath0 mac:detach
ifconfig ath0 mac:add <sta address>
ifconfig ath0 mac:del <sta address>

It doesn't appear I did any status code (yet).  I haven't tested the acl
stuff forever but it should work w/ any card that is properly integrated
with the net80211 layer (in this case the assoc-req frame must go
through net80211 so the acl can be applied).

	Sam