AMD64 + Nvidia Display Card

Brett Wildermoth B.Wildermoth at griffith.edu.au
Wed Jul 13 09:34:38 GMT 2005

To all my fellow FreeBSD users,

I assume I am not the only one who is in this predicament. I have just bought
seven AMD 64s with NVIDIA PCI-X graphics. With 5.4 I can get everything bar
the network and X to work, with 6.0 I can get the network to work also.
However no matter what I do I can't get X to work.

Why doesn't NVIDIA make a graphics driver for FreeBSD AMD64. They make one for
Linux x86-64 and one for FreeBSD-x86.

Perhaps would could all post a message on nvforum. I see some people already
have.....

Perhaps NVIDIA think FreeBSD is just a hobby OS......

Brett
 Brett Wildermoth BEng(ME) MPhil
 Lecturer / PhD Student
 School of Microelectronic Engineering
 Faculty of Engineering and Info. Tech.
 Ph. +61 7 3875 5063, Fax. +61 7 3875 5384
 Email. B.Wildermoth at grifith.edu.au