HEADS UP: Ports are not ready for CFLAGS=-O2 in 6.0

Tomasz Pilat poncki.lists at axelspringer.com.pl
Wed Jul 6 20:00:30 GMT 2005

Thierry,

Wednesday, July 6, 2005, 11:16:15 AM, you wrote:

>> > Whats wrong with
>> >
>> > .if ${.CURDIR:M/usr/ports*}
>> > CFLAGS= -O -pipe -foo
>> > .endif
>> >
>> > in /etc/make.conf?
>>
>> Nothing wrong, but it's too tricky for end users.  Only a small amount
>> of person using FreeBSD knows make(1) enough to do this : this requires
>> to know what is ${.CURDIR} and how to match a variable against a
>> pattern.

> and it does not work if he ports tree is "physically" elsewhere (mine is
> shared over NFS from /files2/ports -> .CURDIR does not begin
> with /usr/ports).

Well,  i have ports NFS-mounted too (but in /usr/ports) and i think if
user is able to do NFS mounts he is able to tweak his make.conf too.

Of  course  we are talking about temporary hack till all ports will be
ready for -O2.

> Perhaps a better way would be to use a variable set in bsd.ports.mk
> (BUILDING_PORT="YES")

It's too late i think:

[21:42 {ttyp1} (0) root at FeeBee:/usr/ports/shells/bash2]# make -V .MAKEFILE_LIST
/usr/share/mk/sys.mk /etc/make.conf .. /usr/share/mk/bsd.compat.mk ..
/usr/share/mk/bsd.cpu.mk  .. .. Makefile /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.pre.mk
/usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk [...]

Ponc
--
Tomasz Pilat                          http://poncki.freebsd.pl./
AXEL SPRINGER POLSKA Sp. z o.o.       PONC-RIPE | PGPKEY-EDEB47FC