6.0-CURRENT SNAP004 hangs on amr

Martin Nilsson martin at gneto.com
Wed Jul 6 08:01:48 GMT 2005

Joao Barros wrote:
> One thing I noticed: I can press scroll lock and move around through
> the console text. I suppose a hanged kernel wouldn't allow this?!

I had the following conversation with Scott Long, but I never had time
to follow it up and the box I was using had other problems with FreeBSD
CURRENT. See if the below is also true for your box.

Regards,
Martin

 > Scott Long wrote / skrev:
 >
 >> I wonder if there is an interrupt routing problem.  Can you compile
in KDB and DDB?  When the hang occurs, note the irq that was assigned to
the amr driver (it'll be printed on the console), and then drop into DDB
and do 'show intrcnt'.

 > amr0 gets irq25 but there is no such entry in the "show intrcnt" table.
 >
 > I tried to boot the system without ACPI but it panics with:
 > Multiple IRQs for PCI interrupt 0.31.INTA: 18 and 16

Yep, it's an interrupt routing problem.  Contact John Baldwin and Nate
Lawson.

Scott