ath client loose connection to ath hostap

Sam Leffler sam at errno.com
Tue Jul 5 16:25:14 GMT 2005

Johann Hugo wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have 2x soekris 4501 units with atheros adapters,  1=hostap mode, 1=client.
> With a continues ping, everything keeps running (16+ hours), but after an
> inactive period they lose connectivity. The client still reports it is
> associated, but there is no IP connectivity. After "ath down" + "ath up" it
> does not want to associated with hostap any more. After client reboot it
> works fine again. After inactive period - same problem.

I believe Tai-hwa Liang has a fix for this pending re approval.  You're
seeing beacon misses on the client but when the client scans to
reassociate it bogusly creates a new entry in the scan cache and things
get confused.  If his commit doesn't fix your problem check on the ap
side to see if there are auth+associate requests coming in when you get
a beacon miss on the client.

	Sam