HEADS UP: Ports are not ready for CFLAGS=-O2 in 6.0

Tomasz Pilat poncki.lists at axelspringer.com.pl
Tue Jul 5 15:56:18 GMT 2005

Jon,

Sunday, July 3, 2005, 5:36:18 PM, you wrote:

> Does it make sense to introduce a CFLAGS_PORTS option? Basically an
> override used when compiling ports as opposed to world?

Just add something like this to your /etc/make.conf:

.if ${.CURDIR} == "/usr/ports"
        CFLAGS= -O -pipe
.elif ${.CURDIR} == "/usr/src"
        CFLAGS= -O2 -pipe
.else
        CFLAGS= -O3 -pipe
.endif

Ponc
--
Tomasz Pilat                          http://poncki.freebsd.pl./
AXEL SPRINGER POLSKA Sp. z o.o.       PONC-RIPE | PGPKEY-EDEB47FC

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on e-mail/Usenet?