these symbols in rc.conf not properly set - messages

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at kukulies.org
Mon Jan 24 11:38:39 PST 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 11:50:04AM -0600, Scot Hetzel wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:52:20 +0100 (CET), Christoph Kukulies
> <kuku at www.kukulies.org> wrote:
> > During the past world builds from -current (built
> > -current world and kernel just a couple of minutes before in a running
> > 6.0 system of November 2004 - it was a hitch)
> >
> > Only in the past and now I'm getting more and more these
> > messages that something in rc.conf is not properly set.
> >
> > How do I get rid from these best?
> >
> > /etc/rc: WARNING: $postfix is not set properly - see rc.conf(5).
> > /etc/rc: WARNING: $poffd is not set properly - see rc.conf(5).
> > /etc/rc: WARNING: $ndbootd is not set properly - see rc.conf(5).
> > Starting default moused:.
> > /etc/rc: WARNING: $lkm is not set properly - see rc.conf(5).
> > Starting inetd.
> > /etc/rc: WARNING: $ifwatchd is not set properly - see rc.conf(5).
> > /etc/rc: WARNING: $gated is not set properly - see rc.conf(5).
> > DAEMON: not found
> > /etc/rc.d/Makefile: /etc/rc.d: Permission denied
> > /etc/rc.d/Makefile: 45: Syntax error: newline unexpected
> >
> Some how your /etc/rc.d directory is messed up, as you have extra
> files in there (i.e "Makefile" shouldn't be there).

Thanks. Yes, that was obvious that there was a Makefile in there which didn't
belong there. Things seem to work now after I did an install
of all rc.d files. I still have this problem with the ppp-user
script not functioning (posted under a different subject), maybe I'm still
missing some other bit of installation.

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_kukulies.org