ppp problem

Christoph Kukulies kuku at www.kukulies.org
Sun Jan 23 06:57:36 PST 2005

I supped yesterday and rebuilt -current. After cleaning up my
/etc/rc.d by throwing out everything which was in there before
and put the whole /usr/src/etc/rc.d in it,
I could no longer connect to the internet after a reboot.

I saw after some research that /etc/rc.d/ppp-user did not
start ppp right.

It tried to execute a command

-quiet -ddial myprofile

instead of

ppp -quiet -ddial myprofile

So the actual command to run was missing. I repaired it temporarily
by putting that into ppp-user:

  rc_flags="$rc_flags ppp -quiet -${ppp_mode}"

                      ^^^

which is probably a dirty fix. Maybe I'm missing some other mechanism going
on here.

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_kukulies.org