panic: Duplicate free of item 0xc433e420 from zone 0xc1045c00(g_bio)

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Sun Jan 23 19:03:36 PST 2005

At 11:51 PM +0100 1/21/05, Søren Schmidt wrote:
>Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>>I got another panic.  This time I got a clean core-dump, and I also
>>have a kernel with all the debugging symbols if that would help.
>>Here is some of the info.  The system had been up about 18 hours
>>before the panic.  The system was basically idle at the time of the
>>panic.  This is a snapshot of current which I started to build at
>>about 2pm EST on January 20th.
>
>The duplicate free on failed ATA retry is known. I have a fix here
>locally but it doesnt apply to whats in -current..

It'd be nice if that could get fixed in -current.  Right now my
main system goes about 12 to 18 hours before it panics due to this.

>However, -current has severe problems that provokes those timeouts
>for no good reason and in all my cases locks up hard.

I have been seeing these timeout messages for as long as I've been
running FreeBSD on this sata-based box.  Not more than two or three
times a day, and my machine usually does not lock up when I do get
them.  But they've always been there, and now they cause panics at
an annoying rate.  The panics also seem to always happen when the
machine is pretty idle.  Usually when I'm not in my office, which of
course means the machine has crashed when I later go to ssh into it
from home...

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu