MFC wishlist

Robert Watson rwatson at freebsd.org
Wed Jan 12 12:58:57 PST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Richard Coleman wrote:

> > No, because the project has no ability to "assign
> > priority/resources". If someone who has is intrested and capable time
> > to work on it, does so in time, then it may be done, if not, it
> > won't.
>
> Should we take this to mean that none of the developers are interested
> in ULE any more?  That's the general feeling I get these days.  Just
> curious.

Well, Jeff had a spurt of activity just before Christmas in which he
corrected some issues relating to scheduling, and also committed a visual
scheduling analysis tool that is both (a) quite neat, and (b) intended to
help him measure and optimize scheduling.  However, he's not been seen
since then, so perhaps he went on vacation for a few weeks.  From
conversations with him, it sounded like he would be investing a
substantial mount of time on the SMP VFS locking work, and also on
SCHED_ULE.

Robert N M Watson