SMP VFS Last call

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.ORG
Tue Jan 11 13:36:40 PST 2005

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 05:46:32AM -0500, Jeff Roberson wrote:
> The SMP FFS/VFS patch has undergone several iterations and lots of serious
> testing over the past few weeks.  Many people, especially Peter Holm, have
> sent me good bug reports.  It's currently running on the port build
> cluster and I have done extended load testing in small memory
> configurations.  What this means is, after I get back from vacation, it's
> going to go into the tree.  If you don't test it now, you will be in a few
> weeks. :-)
>
> http://www.chesapeake.net/~jroberson/smpffs.diff

Hi Jeff,

Can you please commit this ASAP?  It seems to be working very well.

There are now conflicts between your patch and PHK's 2005 work.  It has
gotten to the point that testing this patch set is going to become too
hard and the testers will have to revert to stock sources.

Thanks!
--
-- David    (obrien at FreeBSD.org)