Ports failing with bsd make

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sun Jan 2 13:23:34 PST 2005

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 09:17:44PM +0100, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On recent -current, several ports are failing to build. Common quality: They
> all use the system make rather than gmake.
>
> Examples: science/hdf, textproc/Wordnet, devel/qmake.
>
> The errors all look pretty similar:
>
> ===> mfhdf/nctest (all)
> make: don't know how to make nctest.1. Stop
>
> make: don't know how to make wn.1. Stop
>
> make: don't know how to make qmake.1. Stop
>
> Looks like they're all failing while trying to generate manpages. Has make
> become allergic to targets with a dot in them perhaps?

Ruslan's NO_* change broke a lot of ports.  He's currently on vacation
for a few days, but I expect he'll fix these when he gets back.  If
you want to do it in the meantime (although we're in ports freeze
anyway so this won't be committed until after), the port needs to set
*both* NOMAN and NO_MAN (similarly for any other options like NOSHARED
and NOPROFILE), for compatibility with both 6.x and older.

Kris