ATI on FreeBSD! FireGL Linux Driver Port (New Version)

Ulrich Spoerlein q at galgenberg.net
Thu Dec 29 09:37:10 PST 2005

Ulrich Spörlein wrote:
> Chris Gilbert wrote:
> > You can grab the port here:
> >
> > http://www.neovanglist.net/~Neovanglist/ATI/ati-driver.tar.gz
>
> I tried it on my Dell Inspiron 8600c with an Radeon Mobility 9600 (M10,
> or something).
>
> It failed to start X because of hundreds of missing symbols. I see now,
> that I have drm.ko and radeon.ko loaded, are these known to interfere
> with fglrx?

Ok, it was pointed out to me, that xorg-server-snap won't work with this
driver, and I'm happy to report that it works rock solid with the
xorg-server port.

I even got TV out working without a fuzz, only thing missing is XV on
the TV screen (somehow, there is no XV_SWITCHCRT attribute as with the
radeon(4) driver).

Anyway, THANK YOU for this Christmas present ;]

You might wanna mentio the xorg-server-snap incaompatibility in the
README and this is my hardware, which is now known to work:

acpi_video0 at pci1:0:0:   class=0x030000 card=0x20011028 chip=0x4e501002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device   = 'Mobility Radeon 9700 (M10 NP) (RV350)'
    class    = display
    subclass = VGA

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
 PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44