New malloc ready, take 42

Claus Guttesen kometen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 02:32:55 PST 2005

> > > * Claus Guttesen and Devon O'Dell reported issues in kldxref and X on
> > > amd64.  The kldxref problem has been fixed.  The X problem is a bit
> > > trickier.  I borrowed a Turion-based laptop from Rob Braun and indeed
> > > found that X wouldn't start.  Eric Anholt suggested trying the xorg-
> > > server-snap port rather than xorg-server, and the problem went away.
> >
> > Slightly OT but related to the xorg-snap. I installed xorg-snap from
> > the ports-collection and now my ati x700 and my beloved 1680x1050
> > LCD-screen goes into 640x480. Other than that kldxref is gone.
> >
> > So I'll have to "downgrade" to phkmalloc again.
>
> We'd have to see Xorg.0.logs before and after the update to
> xorg-server-snap to say anything about what actually happened.

I found the following patch to xorg 6.9 at
http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/xorg/xorg-69/xorg-up-690-1.patch provided by
Dejan Lesjak. Applied the patch and installed xorg. I had to comment
out the following line in xorg.conf to get my screen-resolution back:

#VertRefresh 50 - 86

Xorg ver. 6.9 works with jemalloc :-)

regards