Easy DoS

Simon L. Nielsen simon at nitro.dk
Sun Dec 18 04:51:13 PST 2005

On 2005.12.18 20:30:31 +0800, Xin LI wrote:
> Hi, Simon,
>
> On 12/18/05, Simon L. Nielsen <simon at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > any chances on getting a fast backport to RELENG_6_0?
> >
> > For that to happen it need to be in RELENG_6 for a while to make sure
> > nothing is broken by the change and then an Errata Notice has to be
> > made for the issue.  That said, it sounds like a good candidate for an
> > Errata Notice.
>
> Do we typically issue Errata Notice for local DoS in the past?  I
> think this is a serious problem, but not very sure whether it should
> be merged back to RELENG_6_0, though.  If so@ and re@ agrees I would
> be happy to do some documentary work for the Errata Notice :-)

I'm can't remember if we have actually done any Errata's for local DoS
issues, but it has been discussed a few times between so@ and re@ and
the general agreement has been that it is a good idea.

I know there was at least one other local DoS issue for 6.0 that has
been proposed as an Errata, but I don't know the status of it.

--
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Deputy Security Officer