New libc malloc patch

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Sun Dec 11 23:56:09 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 18:02 +1100, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-Dec-11 16:04:09 -0800, Jason Evans wrote:
> >early, during the load of the libbitmap module.  My best guess is
> >that it is stuck trying to acquire the Xlib lock, but cannot be sure,
> >since I don't know how to get debug symbols for the loaded X module.
>
> I've run into a related problem in the past.  Eric Anholt's advice was:
> >You could compile all the modules into the server by adding "#define
> >DoLoadableServer NO" to your host.conf when you compile XFree86-4-Server
> >(see scripts/configure for other defines that are added).
>
> Something similar probably works in X.org.  I found that I had to
> remove elo2300 from XInputDrivers to correct a unresolved 'ELO2300'.

DoLoadableServer NO may or may not work at any time, and frequently
changes bug reproducibility due to the lack of the loader process.  If
you can reproduce with xorg-server-snap, then WITH_DEBUG=1 during
compile will get you a server with debug symbols.

Eric Anholt                                     eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/              anholt at FreeBSD.org