New libc malloc patch

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 11 18:58:43 PST 2005

Jason Evans wrote:

> It would be very informative to run benchmarks with real world
> multithreaded apps.  bind9 (built with threading support) would be a
> great candidate,

Maybe someday, but not at the moment. I've been told by the folks at ISC
that in it's current form, threading is a pessimization on all versions of
BIND 9 prior to the 9.4 code that they have in CVS (which has not been
generally released). Thus, I would not expect performance of BIND 9 with
threads to be an accurate reflection of the effectiveness of the library.

hth,

Doug