BSDInstaller Beta 2 release
marius.nuennerich at gmx.net
Sun Dec 11 14:02:25 PST 2005
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:39:03 +1300
Andrew Turner <andrew at fubar.geek.nz> wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the second release of FreeBSD install CD's
> based on the BSD Installer.
thanks for your work.
I did a quick test and found that
* I can deselect every distribution and accept that "selection",
this obviously didn't work to install. I think there should at
least be a hint that base is required.
* The window to select the distributions is called "Select Packages"
* /README is missing
* kern.geom.debugflags is set to 16. Is this to allow to manipulate
slice and partition information while the disk is mounted? If so,
isn't there a better way (mounting the disk after editing those
* The ISO should imo contain a portsnap snapshot and not only
* Maybe for src the appropriate checkouts file for cvsup
* fdisk and bsdlabel are called very often?!
* Did I miss where to install the standard MBR instead of the menu one?
* The selected keymap is not written to /etc/rc.conf of the new system?
So far I like the Installer.
Maybe one day someone integrates a graphical frontend
for the installer (eg. like desktopbsd) :)
More information about the freebsd-current