BSDInstaller Beta 2 release
andrew at fubar.geek.nz
Sat Dec 10 14:39:08 PST 2005
I am pleased to announce the second release of FreeBSD install CD's
based on the BSD Installer.
The new Lua backend is now being used in this release rather than the
older, deprecated C version.
The CD image is available from
or your local mirror
MD5 (7.0-BSDINSTALLER-BETA-2-i386-disc1.iso) =
SHA256 (7.0-BSDINSTALLER-BETA-2-i386-disc1.iso) =
As with the previous Beta release there are three virtual consoles
* ttyv0: The frontend
* ttyv1: The backend
* ttyv2: A standard login screen to login as root with no password
Changes Since BETA-1
* Can now install Source
* Can now install the Ports tree
* Can now install Packages
* Change to the new Lua backend
* Can only install to one drive, can't have / on ad0 and /usr on ad1
* fdisk doesn't alter the geometry
Thank you to Scott Long for providing a computer to build this with.
More information about the freebsd-current