-CURRENT crashdumps, mbuf corruption

Travis Mikalson bofh at terranova.net
Mon Dec 5 14:30:10 PST 2005

Hi,

This looks like an mbuf corruption problem, can you take a look at these?
http://tog.net/crashdumps/

I've got two different ones, one seems to involve all of my network
interfaces and another seems just to involve if_ath. I'm not an expert
at reading this, but both crashes look like they choked on corrupt mbufs.

I have WITNESS and INVARIANT running in that kernel, I don't know if
they are of any use for figuring this problem out.

Is there any additional information available that I can retrieve that
can help? I'm told that mbuf corruption problems are very hard to track
down, I'm wondering if there's anything I can do.

FYI, this box's job in life at the moment while I've got it as
stripped-down as possible is to shuffle packets back and forth between
one if_ath (in hostap mode) and one if_vr using if_bridge. ipfw is in
there somewhere but net.link.bridge.pfil_bridge is off and so is
net.link.ether.ipfw and net.link.bridge.ipfw.

Thanks,
-T
--
TerraNovaNet Internet Services - Key Largo, FL
Voice: (305)453-4011 x101   Fax: (305)451-5991