make distribution fails with RELENG_6 on a 5.4-RELEASE-p6 host

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Aug 31 23:18:55 GMT 2005

In message: <7daacbbe05083105486887f43e at mail.gmail.com>
            Dominique Goncalves <dominique.goncalves at gmail.com> writes:
: I'm trying to create a livecd with freesbie2 [1] with RELENG_6 source
: on FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p6,
: but the make distribution fails:
: cap_mkdb: illegal option -- l
: usage: cap_mkdb [-v] [-f outfile] file [file ...]
: *** Error code 1

I recently added the following knobs to the makefile to allow one to
do this.  You'll need to invoke make distribution with
CAP_MKDB_ENDIAN="" and PWD_MKDB_ENDIAN="".  This will limit you to
building only on the endian as the host, but that's usually not an
issue.

However, I've not yet MFC'd these changes to RELENG_6, so you'll need
to change the *_MKDB_ENDAIN= lines in etc/Makefile to be ?=

Warner