Trying to make 7.0 snapshot

Yar Tikhiy yar at comp.chem.msu.su
Mon Aug 29 14:26:41 GMT 2005

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 07:39:34PM -0800, Beecher Rintoul wrote:
> I am attempting to make a release snapshot. From /usr/src/release I did the
> following:
>
> make release CHROOTDIR=/bak/release BUILDNAME=7.0-CURRENT CVSROOT=/bak/cvs
>
> It bails with this error:
> cd /usr/src; make -f Makefile.inc1 install
> ===> share/info (install)
> install -o root -g wheel -m 444  dir-tmpl /bak/release/usr/share/info/dir
> ===> include (install)
> creating osreldate.h from newvers.sh
> touch: not found
> *** Error code 127

This error is generally believed to result from system clock problems,
when time goes backwards during the build/install process. This can
happen due to buggy hardware or improper time zone set-up.  It was
the topic of numerous threads on freebsd-* lists in the past.  Just
google for "touch not found" (in quotes).  However, in your case
the time zone problem might lurk within "make release" itself.
Could you try "make release" on a different machine?

By the way, is your working system older than the one your are
trying to do "make release" for?  The influence of the recent import
of new tzdata to HEAD shouldn't be ruled out.  The import took place
at "Fri Aug 26 18:46:27 2005 UTC".  I'd suggest updating the working
system *and* /etc/localtime (which is never updated automatically, to
the best of my knowledge) to after the import if you were unlucky to
update your CVS tree at about its time.

--
Yar