Unable to connect to wireless 802.11 AP with hidden SSID

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 26 00:46:52 GMT 2005

Rudolf Cejka wrote:
> Hello,
>   after an upgrade from 5.x to 7.x (Aug 22), I'm unable to connect to
> wireless 802.11 access point, which hides its own SSID, using dhclient
> (manual settings do work, however it is not very good workaround...).

I can't judge the validity of the patch, but I did want to give a "me too"
on the new dhclient inexplicably blanking a valid ssid when it's started.
The ssid on my APs is not hidden now, although I have seen this behavior
with both hidden and visible ssids.

hth,

Doug