panic after kldunload - stale device descriptions

Frank Behrens frank at pinky.sax.de
Tue Aug 23 19:44:32 GMT 2005

To answer myself:

Frank Behrens <frank at pinky.sax.de> wrote on 23 Aug 2005 19:43:

> I loaded my driver (kldload) and the device was probed and found in
> ISA_PNP_PROBE. Then the driver was unloaded (kldunload) and I tried
> to read the current device configuration. This gave me a

I could not reproduce the error. May be the driver did not release a
resource, so it was unloaded, but the device was still present.

In that case there is no danger, because we can assume safely all
driver will release all allocated resources.

Regards,
   Frank
--
Frank Behrens, Osterwieck, Germany
PGP-key 0x5B7C47ED on public servers available.