fontsize and dpi (was Re: Beta2: Nice job!)

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Tue Aug 23 14:01:37 GMT 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 10:20:20PM +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 August 2005 22:10, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> > Why this isn't already the default is beyond me... Or am I miscalculating
> > dpi with the standard 1280x1024 17" flatpanel?
>
> X "Just Works It Out" these days.
>
> Any DDC capable card/monitor will usually get this correct.

Yep. And on my broken-but-still-useful KVM switch which doesn't relay DDC
I need to specify it. I still don't get why 75dpi is the default; isn't
that 15" monitor specifications?

I do understand that the situation has improved, and it certainly is a very
minor nit, but still...

--Stijn

--
An Orb is for life, not just for Christmas.