Beta2: Nice job!

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Aug 23 03:24:10 GMT 2005

In message: <20050822181740.GD22948 at odin.ac.hmc.edu>
            Brooks Davis <brooks at one-eyed-alien.net> writes:
: On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 08:39:40AM -0400, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
: > - Maybe /etc/pccard_ether should not depend on $removable_interfaces.
: >   After all, it does ignore interfaces which are up.  Or maybe I'm just
: >   bitter because it took me 15 minutes to figure out why the wireless
: >   card was not getting setup on resume... ;)
:
: I'm leaning more an more in this direction.  I just need some time to
: work on it a bit more.

Yes.  This was definitely an unwise choice.  It certainly broke years
of tradition, if nothing else :-).  It tripped me up for a period of
time as well, and when I build/install my 'virgin' tree it still trips
me up for a few seconds when I see the behavior that I've dyked out
return.  Of course my hammer is big (completely remove
removable_interfaces and replace it with nothing).

Warner