Beastie Boot Menu

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Mon Aug 22 21:07:03 GMT 2005

> From: Beecher Rintoul <akbeech at gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:29:52 -0800
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current at freebsd.org
>
> I just did a clean install of FreeBSD. I started from a 5.4.iso then cvsupped
> and upgraded to 7-Current. My problem is that I don't have the beastie boot
> options menu. The machine seems to have reverted to the old style boot menu.
> While this is not a major problem, I would really like to have the new boot
> menu. Does anyone have a suggestion how to do this?

That seems odd, but, in any case, the beastie menu is called from
/boot/loader.rc. The last two executable lines should be:
include /boot/beastie.4th
beastie.start

That should do it unless something is wrong with /boot/beastie.4th. You
might want to make sure that it matches what is in CVS. It should be
7007 bytes long and the md5 should be c6c84ce32045f1d9d34a46a78dcda61c.

I list updated my sources a couple of days ago, do it's possible that
something has changed since then.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)