Beta2: Nice job!

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 22 14:14:39 GMT 2005

Eric Anderson píše v po 22. 08. 2005 v 09:05 -0500:
> Devon H. O'Dell wrote:

> >>Yep, its running at the native resolution.
> >>
> >>Drew
> >

> > For what it's worth, I've always found the anti-aliasing of fonts in
> > GTK applications to be sub-par. They all use Bitstream Vera at a
> > ridiculously small font size and seem to blur into the background by
> > like two pixels on each side. I don't mind Bitstream Vera at all,
> > but I agree, I cannot stand the way antialiased fonts look in these
> > applications.
>
> Agreed - it isn't perfect at all, but better than nothing (for me, but
> not everyone it seems).  Is there a way to change it?  I have to say,
> that Windows fonts nearly always look great.

This really isn't something for FreeBSD mailing list - you'd have to go
licence rendering engine from Microsoft or Apple and merge it into
Freedesktop/X.org sourcecode base... good luck!

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

How will you recognize experienced hacker from beginner?
Beginner thinks that kilobyte have 1000 bytes.
Experienced hacker thinks one kilometer have 1024 meters.