buildworld not using proper build environment

Stefan Farfeleder stefan at fafoe.narf.at
Sun Aug 21 07:16:48 GMT 2005

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 09:20:32PM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> I'm not a make(1) expert, but something appears wrong with Makefile.inc1
> and the build environment it provides for buildworld.
>
> There has been a short thread on this with the subject:
> Unable to build libedit
>
> It turns out that buildworld is using the header files in /usr/include
> and not those in /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include when compiling. I've
> looked at Makefile.inc1 and it looks like the proper environment is
> made for AMD64, but perhaps not for other platforms (like i386). I'm not
> sure what is wrong, but I have confirmed that buildworld is using
> /usr/include/histedit.h in lieu of the new version in $WORLDTMP.
>
> Am I wrong about all of this this or is something wrong with the
> buildworld.

I think the problem is that the files in lib/libedit include histedit.h
with "" instead of <>.  This works for NetBSD because they have
histedit.h in the same directory.  -I. should be dropped from CFLAGS
probably too.  I once noticed a problem that #include <term.h> picks up
the local term.h instead of the one in [..]/tmp/usr/include.

Stefan