VIA/ACE PadLock integration with crypto(9).

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 18 07:17:13 GMT 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 11:56:31PM -0400, Mike Tancsa wrote:
+> At 10:38 AM 17/08/2005, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
+>
+> >Fix in HEAD. Thanks!
+>
+> Yup, looks better in RELENG_6 with those versions.  However, I think I found a new crash with padlock.ko (both the original and the new one you checked in)

This is bug in crypto(4) framework. The same bug exists in OpenBSD.

Here is the patch:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/cryptodev.c.patch

And this bug actually is a local DoS on machines which have HW crypto
and crytodev.ko loaded.