kde applications crash (Was: no permissions to libc.so.x libpthread.so.x and other files)

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Thu Aug 18 04:02:46 GMT 2005

On Wednesday, 17. August 2005 22:01, Stepan Rakhimov wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, but lastest investigations showed that Kmail
> craches with libc.so.6 and works with libc.so.5 only. That's why I
> didn't delete the old file as i want to. I think it's not normal
> behaviour, is it a known problem or my kde build's problem?
>
> I have the same problem with Kdevelop, but i cannot use libmap.conf with
> it, ldd says that it is "not a dynamic executable". (Kdevelop's
> backtrace is in attachment)

/usr/local/bin/kdevelop is a script, the real executable is kdevelop-bin. The
kdevelop crash also looks somewhat familiar - are you running kdevelop-3.2.0?
If so, consider upgrading to KDE 3.4.2 / KDevelop 3.2.2.

Also, if you've updated from FreeBSD 5.x to 6-BETA, you might want to
recompile all your installed ports to make sure they all link against the
same system libraries.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org