VIA/ACE PadLock integration with crypto(9).

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 16 19:00:24 GMT 2005

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 02:23:51PM -0400, Mike Tancsa wrote:
+> Overnight I also let a copy of netperf run blasting various network tests across the IPSEC tunnel and all was as expected.  I had to enable polling on the box as it was
+> getting dangerously close to livelock with the high level of interrupts.  At 1500 HZ its still quite fast, forwarding IPSEC traffic at 60Mb/s and the box is VERY
+> responsive.  Without the padlock.ko, it comes in just at 23Mb/s.

Good news, but I think, I expected more...

+> +> Also,   I came across a small ipsec bug while testing
+> >+>
+> >+> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=84860
+> >It could be RELENG_5 specific, as it uses rijndael implementation
+> >which was removed after RELENG_5 (there is no sys/opencrypto/rijndael.c
+> >anymore). Maybe rijndael version from sys/crypto/ handles it better?
+> >This needs to be verified.
+>
+> Actually this happens in RELENG_6 as well.  I have updated the PR with a crash dump and back trace.

Ok, I committed a fix to HEAD.
Here is the patch:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/rijndael.patch