Is mmap() broken for files kept on ext2fs?

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Mon Aug 15 20:13:10 GMT 2005

On Monday, 15. August 2005 22:04, Wojciech A. Koszek wrote:
> Hello,
> I get easily repeatable problem with mmap(). Is file lies on Ext2
> filesystem, I get EINVAL. In order to confirm it, could someone try to copy
> files from Ext2fs to UFS (/bin/cp compiled with
> -DVM_AND_BUFFER_CACHE_SYNCHRONIZED, which is default).

This looks similar to
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2005-March/047363.html and
http://frontrangebsd.org/pipermail/kde-freebsd/2005-March/010420.html.

The first thread has a patch in a follow-up, which never was followed up upon,
perhaps you can try it - I'm not sure however if it only addressed the kernel
panic.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org