Fresh install of BETA2: console error about a LOR...

Julien Gabel jpeg at thilelli.net
Mon Aug 15 15:12:28 GMT 2005

>> During the configuration phase, just after installing 6.0-BETA2 on a
>> notebook, i got the following message on the console:
>>
>> lock order reversal
>>  1st 0xc097b240 UMA lock (UMA lock) @ /usr/src/sys/vm/uma_core.c:1494
>>  2nd 0xc1060144 system map (system map) @ /usr/src/sys/vm/vm_kern.c:295

> looks pretty much like
> 	http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/lor.html#110

As reported by Thierry Herbelot, the #109 appears on a UP and SMP system,
but the #110 seems to be SMP only (at least is only reproduced on a HTT
system with SMP kernel).

When i got the second LOR, it was followed by a panic and a crash (three
times on four).  It was during 'make buildworld' each time, with this
message:

Memory modified after free 0xc2af2500(256) val=deadc0df @ 0xc2af2508
panic: receive: m == 0 so->so_rcv.sb_cc == 4294967295
cpuid = 0
KDB: enter: panic
[thread pid 3908 tid 100152 ]
Stopped at      kdb_enter+0x30: leave
db>

I didn't have a crash dump yet, since it was during a post-installation
phase.  I am currently running an UP kernel to avoid problem, but can
switch to a SMP one if somebody is interested.

--
-jpeg.