make distribution and cap_mkdb -l from 5 to 6

Ruslan Ermilov ru at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 14 06:38:23 GMT 2005

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 11:46:25PM +0200, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> > In HEAD, I've recently made the distrib-dirs target official.
> > It should be run from src/, and it uses the correct environment.
> > This is especially useful when doing installs for other
> > architectures.
>
> Good news.  I think this is not going to be MFC'ed to RELENG_5 or
> RELENG_6, so etcmerge should use "make hierarchy" for now, correct ?

There's no big difference between running "make hierarchy" and
running "make distrib-dirs" firectly from src/etc/, except for
possibly using the bootstrapped "make" binary.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov
ru at FreeBSD.org