Missing a step in new(er) Remote gdb/kdb setup?

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Thu Aug 11 19:33:51 GMT 2005

On Aug 11, 2005, at 9:52 AM, Lonnie VanZandt wrote:

> forgive me for grasping for straws, but, might I hope that those
> fixes are
> related to segfaults on initial connections? ;-)  If so, what is
> the nature
> of the fix?

Yes. The problem is that when support for -r was added, it was
forgotten that the code so far assumed there was a KVM session
open. With -r, kgdb does not open a KVM session. This causes
various NULL-pointer dereferences. The fix is to check first if
a KVM session is open and do whatever is appropriate in that
case.

  Marcel Moolenaar         USPA: A-39004          marcel at xcllnt.net