panic: lock (sleep mutex) vnode interlock not locked

Suleiman Souhlal ssouhlal at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 10 10:27:50 GMT 2005

Hello,

On Aug 10, 2005, at 12:18 PM, Suleiman Souhlal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Aug 10, 2005, at 12:02 PM, Don Lewis wrote:
>

>> What is preventing VI_DOOMED from being set while we're waiting for
>> VOP_LOCK()?  Contrary to what the VOP_LOCK(9) man page says about
>> LK_INTERLOCK, it looks like lockmgr() drops the vnode interlock
>> before
>> it attempts to grab the vnode lock.
>>

> VI_DOOMED is only set by vgonel(), and it requires both the vnode
> and the interlock locked.

I read your message a bit too fast. I think you are right. We should
probably move the check for VI_DOOMED etc, after we've acquired the
vnode lock.

Suleiman Souhlal     | ssouhlal at vt.edu
The FreeBSD Project  | ssouhlal at FreeBSD.org