adaptec 39320 - ahd0: Invalid Sequencer interrupt occurred

Jung-uk Kim jkim at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 9 00:08:47 GMT 2005

On Monday 08 August 2005 06:50 pm, Sam Lawrance wrote:
> I see the ahd0 message below on just about every boot of a dell
> sc1425 running 6.0-BETA2, just after "waiting for scsi devices to
> settle". Once the system is up I don't see it again.
>
> Is it harmful?  Can I help?  The machine has a serial cable
> attached so it can be peeked and poked if need be.

ahd(4) is known to have issues with certain Seagate model/firmware.
In fact, there were numerous reports like yours:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20040823084940.GA665
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?423940C2.9090202
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?645597080501201757371d1565
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?6cd6260405041119126b78c33

There was a work-around posted here:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?2BCEB9A37A4D354AA276774EE13FB8C23A6B41

Some people had luck, some not.  Since you have ICH5, you have to
modify the source to match ICH5, not ICH3.

Ultimately you should ask Dell whether they have newer firmware for
the drives.

Jung-uk Kim