Hifn driver in SMP (was Re: GELI - disk encryption GEOM class committed.)

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Aug 8 15:12:57 GMT 2005

I belive there is a bug in the HiFn chips that makes them do a soft reset
under some set of circumstances which we have never been able to nail
down.

I have contacted HiFn about this and asked for a workaround, but
they seem somewhat less than eager to work the case.

I belive the message before last was that they hard reproduced it.

The last message was from somebody going through the piles on a
former employees table.