6.0-CURRENT SNAP004 hangs on amr (patch)

Joao Barros joao.barros at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 02:26:19 GMT 2005

On 7/29/05, John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 24 July 2005 07:16 pm, Joao Barros wrote:
> >
> > Would it be possible to have this in BETA2?
>
> Can you try this patch?  You'll need to set hw.apic.enable_extint=1 in the
> loader via loader.conf or a manual set command:

John,

I saw you commited this to RELENG_6 and today, finally I got the time
to install 5.4 on the machine, as it was systemless, cvsup to RELENG_6
and build a kernel.
I'm sorry to report that setting hw.apic.enable_extint to 1 didn't
work. I tried to boot with and without acpi.

It takes me almost 2 hours to compile a kernel on this machine, but
I'm now in condition to test anything you throw at me :)

Note: I booted from the (now on) internal ahc