GELI - disk encryption GEOM class committed.

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 7 06:53:13 GMT 2005

On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 09:44:24PM -0400, Mike Tancsa wrote:
+> At 04:54 PM 28/07/2005, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
+>
+> >- Utilize the crypto(9) framework, so when there is a crypto hardware
+> >  available, geli(8) will make use of it automatically.
+> >  If cryptography needs to be done in software, a dedicated kernel
+> >  thread(s) will be started to do the crypto work in there.
+>
+> Hi,
+>          I was trying this out on RELENG_6 and it seems to lock up the machine solid on my 4way SMP box with a hifn card.  I have in the kernel

I saw this (I've one hifn here).
This looks like a bug in hifn(4), it locks up when too many requests are
sent there.
Could you try increasing sector size of encrypted provider to eg. 8192?
(There is '-s' option for 'init' subcommand.)