6.0-CURRENT SNAP004 hangs on amr (patch)

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 4 14:32:56 GMT 2005

On Thursday 04 August 2005 09:57 am, Marc Olzheim wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 09:32:09AM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> > > None of which work.
> > >
> > > A kernel with no ata and no ahc gives me:
> >
> > Hmm, on your machine amr0 gets IRQ 18, where as on Mike's machine it got
> > IRQ 14 (which was very odd and I think related to his problems with
> > ata(4)). Which patch are you using, btw, and if you are using the one
> > that was committed, are you setting the 'hw.apic.enable_extint=1' tunable
> > from the loader?
>
> I'm using the committed one indeed (the same as the last one on the list
> with the #include fix) and:
>
> sense:/>cat /boot/loader.conf
> console=comconsole
> hw.apic.enable_extint=1
> sense:/>

Ok, you just have some completely different issue then.  I think the extint
issue on Mike's box is somehow related to his amr0 getting IRQ 14 (normally
an ISA IRQ for the primary IDE).  We should probably look at your box from
scratch.  What problem do you have, does a stock 6.0 kernel not detect your
drives on amr0, but 5.x works fine?