if_ipw problems

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Wed Aug 3 13:20:24 GMT 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 09:42:27PM +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 August 2005 11:49, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> > > i cancelled it at this point, but it loops like this forever(or atleast
> > > couple of hours :) )
> >
> > I get exactly the same thing here - it appears to try and associate with
> > the right AP (ie ignores the 00:00.. one) but it doesn't print any error or
> > warning about why it can't do so.. It just retries every 5 seconds forever.
>
> I just had a look at the Linux ipw driver and it looks like a bunch of WPA
> related commands are missing :(
>
> I will look at implementing then since Damien appears out of contact but I am
> stupidly busy with work. It won't help I know almost nothing about how the
> wireless infrastructure works :)

FWIW, WPA isn't involved on my network (completely open) and it
appears to do the same thing. I think it's something scan related
that's broken (maybe in addition to WPA).

--Stijn

--
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and