Hot-swap SATA and atacontrol

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Wed Aug 3 02:43:46 GMT 2005

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 06:00:45PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Wilko Bulte, and lo! it spake thus:
> On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 10:44:07AM -0500, Scot Hetzel wrote..
> > before you unmount the drive, type:
> >
> > sync
> > sync
> > sync
> >
> > Then unmount the drive, and remove it.
>
> Unmount does not return until the buffers have been synced anyway,
> so this does not buy you anything.

(ttyp3):{720}% fortune -m syncs
%% (fortunes)
3 syncs represent the trinity - init, the child and the eternal zombie
process.  In doing 3, you're paying homage to each and I think such
traditions are important in this shallow, mercurial business we find
ourselves in.
                -- Jordan K. Hubbard

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net