boot banner project

/dev/null null at dnswatch.com
Fri Apr 29 17:13:25 PDT 2005

First, I'd like to say; It's great to see so much passion regarding an OS.
It reminds me of the olden days when Mac vs. PeeCee camps were so
prevelent.
> John Sconiers wrote:

>>>The problem is this; if everyone keeps adding "less then a meg here or
>>>there" then you DO end up with bloat.
>>>
>>>Where to you draw the line? How much is too much? To me, I would rather
>>>add that less then a meg here and there to the core OS ... Not to
>>>something that (to me) does not need to look perdy.
>>>
>>>... and my .02
>>>
>>>--
>>>Best regards,
>>>Chris
>>>
>>>If reproducibility may be a problem conduct the
>>>test only once.
>>>

> John Sconiers wrote:
>> Do you want to get / keep new users, compete wth other operating
>> systems, etc....
>>

> Of course - but NOT at the expense for the OS itself. The banner is only
> seen once. It does not have to be perdy to attract users.
>
> If that's the case, if it needs to be perdy to attract users - then
> (speaking for myself) do you want that flavor of user?

Is this bigotry, or racism? I can never remember which one means which.
Anyway, WTFAY to decide whom is allowed to use FBSD anyway?!

> Are you not at that point trying to emulate a Windows-ee look? As I
> said, I care more about the quality of the OS.

You know, when you live at the console as long as I do every day. A little
"eye candy" can go a l o n g way.

-Chris (H.)

> --
> Best regards,
> Chris
>
> The spot you are scrubbing on glassware is always on
> the other side.

 If only Western Electric had found a way to offer
binary licenses for the UNIX system back in 1974,
the UNIX system would be running on all PC's today
rather than DOS/Windows.