incorrect statement on www page

Ulrik Günther k3rn3lpanic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 22:48:40 PDT 2005

I agree with that as well. The components named above can be
considered as third-party software and have, as such, nothing to do
with the "real" operating system.

If you want to be really specific, write something like "FreeBSD comes
with complete sourcecode, but the files xyz.c, abc.h, ahs.o,... are
missing ;)

Why does anyone have a problem with those binary components?
I think it is okay if vendors invested lots of money into developing
their products and do not want anyone to know how the stuff really
works... Of course, Open Source drivers would be better, but this is a
good consent.

Have a nice day anyway,

Ulrik