rigth crc32 implementation

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Tue Apr 26 15:49:06 PDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 12:26:40AM +0200, Jose M Rodriguez wrote:

> > > NOPE, I still have things in my TODO for a month or so.
> >
> > Ok, we officially have a disconnect now. What do you mean with having
> > things in your TODO list for a month and why does that result in you
> > disagreeing with my proposal and the change I'll be making to FreeBSD
> > on your behalf?
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Sorry,
>
> I only point you have the time you need to make this.

Ok, I see. Thanks for your concern. The change is trivial and since
the issue has come up, it's best to deal with it right away. It'll
be forgotten otherwise and you have to raise the issue again when
you're good and ready for it. Also, the sooner it's in -CURRENT,
the better the chances someone picks takes this a step further and
works on the unification of all crc32 implementations. There is
awareness now and I don't expect it to stick in peoples mind for
longer than a couple of days.

 Marcel Moolenaar	  USPA: A-39004		 marcel at xcllnt.net