Debug options

Andre Guibert de Bruet andy at siliconlandmark.com
Mon Apr 25 02:49:37 PDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Marc Olzheim wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 02:44:53AM -0400, Andre Guibert de Bruet wrote:
>> May I also suggest tuning(7)?
>
> As in: may you suggest someone put this in tuning(7) ?

Just from the fact that the document refers to 4.5 in the loader tunables
section, it might be time to revamp it with information that is relevant
to the current state of affairs, yes.

> Or what part of tuning(7) are you referring to ?

The original question was:
"Are there any other options that affect performance? The note mentions
malloc-debugging flags, but I don't know how to turn it off."

Tuning has good information on sysctls which directly affect networking
and vm performance. Despite its age, this document is a good read for
anyone that is trying to get cheap performance.

> No use pointing to manpages if the info isn't there. :-/

Naturally. :-)

Cheers,
Andy